Five Things Friday update 🙂 I will be posting about my running week sometime this weekend! (spoiler alert: it’s been a good week)
So, I was perusing the Internet scoping ideas for Five Things Friday posts. I still have not decided whether or not I will keep this strictly running (90% will be based on my training season) or let you guys in on some personal things. Still mulling over that. But, today’s post will feature five ways running/exercising & eating right has changed my life.
1. A year ago in July, I weighed almost 200 lbs. In the 6 or so months before that, I was devastated over losing a long time job (that job eventually brought me out here to Pittsburgh) & without that job, I was stuck in a new city with no friends having a really rough time adjusting. I’m a stress eater, & so by July I knew I had to make a change. I started the couch to 5k program, changed everything about the way I ate, & quickly lost 10 lbs in the first month. Now 15 months later, I have lost almost 40 lbs 🙂
2. I never used to be able to stand at my kitchen sink & do dishes for longer than 10 minutes. My lower back would lock up & I would be in agonizing pain. Now, I have zero joint pain & I’m able to stand for long periods of time (hello, 13.1 miles)!
3. I also used to complain. Like, a lot. I was a miserable person to be around. I was unhappy with the way I felt, the way I looked, & I was negative about everything. But finding running, something I never dreamed I would love so much, has turned me into this always (probably sickeningly) positive person. I feel like I have real goals, a purpose in life, & something to constantly look forward to. I had never felt worthy of anything until I made goals & kept crushing them every single time. Now I’ve proved to myself I am capable of anything.
4. Eating healthier is not just a “diet” or a temporary thing. It is a lifestyle change. & I got to discover I actually enjoy eating healthy much better!
5. A lot of the stomach issues I used to have have seemed to resolve themselves. I also get sick a lot less.
There you go! 5 ways that my life has changed for the better in the last year & a half 🙂 also, I guess I stopped mulling over the personal things.. I laid a lot out there!
Keep an eye out for my weekly running post this weekend! 🙂