Fall Training Goals + Schedule

pexels-photo

Hi everyone! Fall half-marathon training officially starts next weekend (07/23) for me & I’m really excited to be training once again with Pro Bike + Run. This season I’m one of the 12 minute pace mentors. I’ve been running with Pro Bike + Run for a couple of years now & have always felt like an unofficial mentor, but now it is finally on the books. YAY!

Today I wanted to talk about my fall goals (July – October). My goal race at the end of all of this is the Buffalo Creek 1/2 on October 15th.

Goal 1: Complete all scheduled runs (within reason): Obviously if I am overly sore or unable to run for a reason that is out of my control, then I won’t. But I really want to make a point to get in all of my training runs so that this can be a strong race for me.

Goal 2: Complete all strength days or at best, 2 out of 3 scheduled days: I created a hybrid run & ChaLean Extreme Lean for Life schedule. I love lifting & I have had multiple people tell me how toned I look after only lifting for 2 months. I want to make sure I stay strong & healthy during this training cycle since I will be busy. I’ll be okay if I can only get in twice a week, but three is optimal.

Goal 3: Eat an 80/20 diet: This is really important to me. Lately, I’ve felt that I have been depriving myself of calories in fear that I will gain weight. That fear is psychological, of course. Due to this intense training schedule, I will NEED to make sure I get in the right amounts of protein, carbs & healthy fats. And of course healthy portions of fruits & veggies. And I need to go back to only one cheat meal a week.

Goal 4: Keep that 2:30 time goal in mind: There, I said it on the internet. Now it’s real. That’s my goal for this race. My current PR is 2:37 on a really tough course (Hershey) & with Buffalo Creek being a flat/mostly downhill course, I’m hoping this is doable. I definitely don’t think this goal is too lofty.

Goal 5: Blog weekly for you all: I will be keeping you guys updated every week on how things are going & what work-outs I did that week. I believe this will also keep me accountable & on track with my nutrition & workouts & I hope this is something you’ll enjoy following along with!

(schedule)

Well all, those are my 5 goals for this fall. After my race, I’ll do a follow-up post in hopes I can say I met each of my goals! Especially number 4 😉 Stay tuned, friends!

Advertisements

11 thoughts on “Fall Training Goals + Schedule

1. Monica says:

Good luck on your training this round! I’m sure that you will crush it! I am running the Hershey Half for the first time this year – any words of wisdom?

• Ciara says:

Hi Monica! Thank you! Hershey Half is such a great race! Make sure you train hills cause it’s a hilly race! But the crowd support is excellent. Good luck, I hope you do well!!

• Monica says:

Good to know, thanks!! I think that I’m most excited about the free massages compliments of the Hershey Spa afterwards! Happy training!

2. Jennifer @ Dashing in Style says:

Yay! I’ve done Buffalo Creek for the past 3 years, and it’s my absolute favorite race. You will love it! Plus, it’s a really great course to get that PR! I will be running it this year too as part of my training. Also, I plan to run with Pro Bike & Run for my long runs and will be in your pace group, so I look forward to running with you!

3. Jessie @ The Acquired Sass says:

Yeah…I should probably get my butt into gear & sign up for Buffalo Creek, so I can make myself a training plan. I got a PR last year there that I wasn’t expecting, so, to be honest, I’ve already put a lot of pressure on myself to do it again, but, I’ve got plenty of time to get back into training. Just not sure I’m ready to start yet. I’m kind of loving my do whatever I’m in the mood for training plan right now.

• Ciara says:

Haha girl, I’ve been in do whatever I want mode for over a month. I’m starting to get pudgy Hahaha I’m looking forward to getting back into a routine. But I swear getting back into it is the hardest part

4. Christine says:

Good luck with your training! I think your goal sounds very reasonable, especially going from a hilly to a flat course, plus you’ve got even more months of running under your belt now, so that helps, too. I’m originally from PA (and worked in Hershey for a while!) – I have a friend who ran that half and she really likes it, too.

• Ciara says:

Thanks Christine!! I have confidence going into this training cycle 🙂 I loved Hershey Half.. such a great race.