TGIF. And that’s all I have to say about that. I have a bunch of running things going on this weekend so this edition of Friday Five will talk about just that!
1. I’m running the Great Race 10k on Sunday morning, so tonight after work I’m gonna walk on over to the Convention Center for the expo. I love expos & this one is pretty good.
2. I had plans to meet up with my 12 min group ladies tomorrow morning for a quick run, but since I’m going to be on my feet all day tomorrow, I think I’ll get in a couple quick miles after work this evening.
3. I’ll be helping out Pro Bike + Run at the expo in the afternoon tomorrow so if you’re there, stop by & say HI! 🙂 I’ll be the one donning my purple Legend compression sleeves in hopes of keeping my legs as fresh as possible for the race. Which brings me to my next bit…
4. Last year’s Great Race is still my current 10k PR (1:09:39). I’ve come close before, but just haven’t quite gotten there. The Great Race 10k is a predominantly downhill course that starts in Frick Park & winds all the way down into Point State Park. It’s the perfect PR course. There is one GIANT hill at the very end which is just.. rude but if I can master that – I’m hoping I can actually give this race a solid go.
5. Here are my goals. I usually give myself an A, B & C goal:
C goal is always just to finish.
B goal: 1:08 (1 min, 39 sec PR)
A goal: 1:06 (3 min, 39 sec PR)
I always feel like I am way over-estimating myself when I create an A goal. But even last year, my A goal was a 1:12 & I kicked it’s ass. I’m going to give this my best shot.
Wish me luck ya’ll!
Are you running the Great Race? Have you ever raced a 10k before? How do you format your goals when creating them for a race?