By the time you read this, I’ll be on a train to NYC for a weekend girls trip with my Momma. We have a handful of things planned & I’m pretty excited! I’ll make sure to recap my weekend for you when I get back! In the meantime, here’s another installment of Friday Five to hold you over. 🙂
1. This past Sunday I went to Soregel Orchard with 2 of my girlfriends & we had a blast! We picked apples, tasted a bunch of different wines, & filled up two growlers at Arsenal Cider House before we left. Afterwards, we went back to Jessie’s & promptly drank both growlers & had a blast talking about running/music/everything under the sun. We did our best to be as basic as possible. 🙂
2. On Tuesday, I tried out X-Shadyside. I ended up winning Jessie’s giveaway on her blog so I now get to use their gym for 2 months! I’m excited to try out their spin & body pump classes. I didn’t do a whole lot while I was there since my left hamstring was still bothering me from my race on Saturday, but walking on the treadmill helped a little.
3. Now that I will be frequenting Shadyside for a couple of months, I walked around Walnut St. since it was a nice day out. I happened upon Salud Juicery who actually has been following & liking some of my posts on my Instagram! The woman working in there was so nice & she recommended the “Green Anna Bread” smoothie. It definitely didn’t disappoint!
4. If anyone who reads this is a big Pittsburgh Steelers fan (Ya’ll know I’m diehard. I love sports), then you guys understand my sadness about Ben’s injury. I’m really hoping he bounces back fast (he usually does) so that we can continue our good season. I have been looking forward to Steelers season since it ended, so the fact that we not be winning in the near future is heartbreaking! But hey, I still have a decent fantasy football record.
5. I cracked open the bottle of wine I bought from Soregels on Sunday & it is delicious! This is a pretty sweet wine (still have not grown to like dry wines) & was perfect to end the evening with on Tuesday.
What’s your favorite wine? Do you like dry or sweet? Red or white?
Are you a sports fan?
Have you ever been to NYC? Pass over some recommendations for places to eat in the comments!