YAY Fridays! Happy end of the work week, ya’ll. What do you have going on this weekend? The weather is back to fall-ish temps, so it should be great.
1. I’m volunteering at the finish line of the EQT 10 Miler here in Pittsburgh on Sunday. This is my first time volunteering officially at a big race like this, so I’m really excited for the experience. If you’re running it, look for me as you’re finishing! Maybe I’ll even get to put your medal on 🙂
2. I got word on Tuesday that I could begin to work from home one day a week – Wednesdays was the day I was given. Pretty great, in my opinion as Wednesday is smack dab in the middle of the week, so it will feel like a nice little break. Wednesday was my first day & it’s definitely going to take some getting used to, for sure. I was kind of distracted, but it was nice to be able to mosey around my house for a few minutes if I needed to stand up. I don’t think I could do it every single day, but one or two days a week is nice.
3. I have a hair appointment tomorrow just for a cut – it’s been over 3 months since I’ve cut my hair & it’s getting so annoying to manage. Ever since a piece of the flat iron broke off of my straightener, I’ve been wearing my hair curly more than I ever have. I’ve kept my hair short for a few years now – & I love it – so I’m thinking of letting my hair stylist do her thing & make my hair look some sort of awesome. Bangs, maybe. Anything she wants! I just want it to look great. Have you ever completely surrendered to your hair stylist & told her to do whatever she wants?
4. I have a confession corner blog post coming up next week. Has anyone had those days where all of a sudden all these amazing, motivational, inspirational thoughts come to you & you just HAVE to write them down? That was me on Wednesday . Excited to share my thoughts with you.
5. I’m slowly getting out of my running/fitness rut. I’ve chosen to put less pressure on myself when it comes to working out & it seems to be working. 3x a week, at least 1 day running. And the other two days can be whatever I want. I went to a cycling class at X Shadyside yesterday & I forgot how amazing it felt to sweat like crazy! Happy fitgirl .
Happy weekend, friends.
Linking up with Heather