A Day in My Life

pexels-photo-187107

I thought this would be a super fun post & a good way to show you guys what a day in my life looks like. I’ve seen countless other bloggers do it, so I thought I’d jump on the bandwagon. I saw Gretchย do it this way last week, so I hope she doesn’t mind I loved her idea so much that I used it ๐Ÿ˜‰

6:27am – I’m the kind of girl that jumps out of bed & takes 10 minutes to get ready in the morning. As much as I do love to dress up from time toย time – I’d rather sleepย the extra 10 minutes.ย My department at work is pretty laid back with their dress code, so fortunately I get away with wearing jeggings the majority of the week ๐Ÿ™‚

6:34am – Sitting down to breakfast with the news on in the background. This is about the only time I watch the news. Even though it’s mostly depressing stuff, I like to know what’s going on around Pittsburgh. Breakfast today was “LiveGFree” Raisin Almond Honey Granola with almond milk.

7:01am – Morning bus commute. Lucky for me, most mornings I get to ride the bus with my friend Rachel. The majority of our talks are about running, of course.

7:19am – Christmas exploded in my office building over the weekend. There are so many pretty trees put up around the building, but I’m not quite ready to surrender to winter yet.

7:24am – If I ever expect to get through the day, I need tea. And water. This is usually the time I sit down & read blogs, but my computer is being so awfully slow that I don’t get the chance.

12:02pm – Lunch is pretty boring today – tastyย – but boring. This is what a non-pay week does to people. I spent my lunch today calling Cal U & changing my term begin date to Summer instead of Fall – which means my graduation date will be either Spring or Summer 2019.. REALLY excited about this! 30 is going to be a big year for me, I can just feel it!

4:01pm – Look at those dark circles! Yikes. Mondays = suck. I’m not sure what happened after lunch but I completely crashed & wasn’t sure I was going to make it through the rest of my evening. My co-worker handed me an Au Bon Pain gift card & told me to go grab a coffee. Don’t gotta tell me twice…

4:44pm – Home for a really short period of time – usually just enough to scarf some food down & change my clothes before heading off to night class. Mondays are for Math this semester – & I can’t wait until it’s over.

5:13pm –I get to campus with about 15 minutes until class starts – &ย I get to witness a beautiful sunset. As much as I hate that the sun is setting at 5pm, I do love watching the gorgeous colors of fall. โค

9:11pm – I’m usually not finished with my Math class until after 9:15pm – but class let out early. I’m so exhausted from the day & not feeling that great (stomach, the beginnings of a migraine..ugh) so I’m finishing up this blog entry & turning in early! I have been in a so-so mood since after lunch – but laughing about corduroys & denim jackets seemed to cheer me right up ๐Ÿ˜€ PS: I’m going to need you to comment below if you’re still wearing Crocs on the down-low. Don’t worry, I won’t judge you – too much.

I hope you guys enjoyed this little peek into my daily life! Mondays & Wednesdays look pretty similar since those are the days this semester I have night class. It’s tough to keep up with the schedule that I give myself.. but I know in the end it will all be worth it!

Are denim jackets really a thing? Because.. I have one.. and I want to wear it.

Anyone out there living the life of night school?

Advertisements

9 thoughts on “A Day in My Life

1. Monica says:

When have denim jackets not been a thing? I have several and wear them all of the time! And thanks for my outfit inspiration for today – I busted out my corduroy jeggings and paired them with booties, my go-to leopard scarf and of course, my denim jacket ๐Ÿ˜‰ Have a great Tuesday!

2. Jessie @ The Acquired Sass says:

I have a pretty intense craving for a Caesar salad right now. Maybe that’ll get tossed on the menu next week. Something quick and easy that won’t leave leftovers in the fridge to rot.

While I love that I can drive to work in the sense that I have flexibility, I don’t have to rush to catch the bus, or anything. I can run errands on my lunch break, and workout in the AM, it would be so nice to have the commute time to get a few little things done on the bus. Like blog brainstorming, or I could respond to comments, little things that I can’t do while driving (obviously). My commute ends up being about 45 minutes each way too.

3. Rebecca Jo says:

Denim jackets are ALWAYS classic!!!
    I love your pics with the time across them!!! Perfect for these kind of posts.
    I so HATE how early the sun sets. I just want to crawl in a cave until Spring.
    I had to laugh… 4:44 is like a thing in my life. I even have a hashtag on IG #444sfollowme … so when i saw your picture was that time, so laughed ๐Ÿ™‚

4. Jennifer @ Dashing in Style says:

Umm, I must be doing something wrong! It only takes you 10 minutes to get ready for work?!?! Even if I don’t wash & dry my hair, I can’t get much under an hour. And I don’t wear a ton of makeup or anything! Between showering, shaving, packing my bag, feeding all the animals, cleaning out the litter box, walking the dog, changing into work clothes after I walk the dog, etc. I’m at least an hour and a half.

• Ciara says:

Haha! I shower in the evening. It takes me all of 5 mins to put my makeup on. And I don’t have kids or animals or take care of. I just put on some clothes, brush my hair & I’m done!

5. kristen says:

okay i must confess. i own a pair of crocs. but they are like cute sandal type crocs?
    i roll out of bed, brush my teeth, go to the bathroom and hit the gym. after my shower my makeup routine is like 2 minutes, and not because i am amazing and fast, but because i only use 2 things lol. i wish i could wear jeggings to work!
    dang girl. night classes? that is intense. go you!
    i am not ready to surrender to winter yet either. boo.
    i keep meaning to do one of these posts. one day lol