I can’t believe it’s the last month of 2016. My “currently” post will be coming next Wednesday so ya’ll can see what I’ve been up to! For now, here’s some Friday Five..
1. Who else has an issue when they go to Target? You go in there for cheap holiday decorations for your office & you come out spending $50 on a sweater & a long sleeve top & no holiday decorations. PS: I just got this coat & I’m obsessed.
2. This quote I found this week really stuck out to me. I want to speak out on something & I was going to wait to put it in my “Year in Review” post in a few weeks, but for whatever reason, I wanted to say it now… My real 2016 was riddled with anxiety. It plagued me in the beginning of the year, got a little better in the middle, & has been consuming me for the last few months of the year. I have tried so hard to continue putting positivity in the world because it is the real me. At my core, I am not the girl that is so overwhelmed with life that I’d rather just lay on my couch & do nothing. But, there are days where I am that girl. In the beginning of the year & now at the end, I am that girl. I started therapy in the beginning of the year when my anxiety was becoming unbearable & now I go once a month (because let’s be real, who can afford to go more often than that) & it helps when I go. But due to my anxiety, I have been putting off starting to practice meditation in hopes that I would be able to control my mind instead of letting it control me. I know that I will pull myself out of the rut that I am in, because I always do. It’s just a matter of time. And it’s a matter of finding inspiration again. I know that I am not alone & that is why I’m putting this in here. There are so many people that deal with crippling anxiety like me & there are so many people that don’t understand what it’s like. To those who don’t understand what it is like, I hope you never do.
I want to be love. I want to embody the essence of love. I want to be everything that love is. I don’t want to seek it. I want to be it. Just love & know nothing else.
3. Has anyone been watching Black Mirror? It’s on Netflix & for whatever reason, it starts you off on Season 3, even though the other 2 seasons are available. It is creepy. And weird. But so, so intriguing & good. Sound off in the comments if you’re loving this weird ass show.
4. That opening a brand new sponge thing is the truth. Pure joy. And instead of House Hunters, my show of choice is Fixer Upper.
5. Me driving in the city on a regular basis:
Sorry for the low key Friday Five this week, ya’ll! I have had a lot on my mind, as you can see in #2. I’m working through it the best that I can! So, I hope you’ll be patient with me & I’ll have another post for you again on Monday! 🙂