Happy birthday month to me! I always start my countdown on February 1st – I don’t care how old I get, I really truly believe I will always love my birthday. 23 days! Lets see what I’m currently up to this month!
Planning: I feel like a lot! My mom is coming into town in a couple of weeks to celebrate my birthday with me. We’ll do some shopping & have a nice dinner. It’s always nice to have her around to celebrate! Also, I’m heading to the Finger Lakes with a few girlfriends the weekend after my birthday to continue the celebration.. I’m really excited for that!
Listening to: Currently nothing crazy new. I just added “Any Ol’ Barstool” by Jason Aldean & “Blue Tacoma” by Russell Dickerson. I haven’t been into any new country lately so I’m glad there are some songs coming out that I enjoy.
Drinking: So much coffee. Ever since I cleaned my Keurig machine at home, I’m a coffee fiend.
Watching: Documentaries usually. A few days ago I watched the HBO documentary on those two girls that stabbed their friend because they wanted to please “Slenderman”. That news story kind of weirded me out & the documentary didn’t disappoint. The two girls are up for trial as adults this year.
Eating: Trying desperately to eat healthy. I swear the hardest part to get back into is getting away from all of the unhealthy, sweet & sugary foods after the holidays. It’s tough!
Looking forward to: everything my birthday month has to offer!
Loving: that I’m back into a fitness routine. I’m feeling great!
January goal recap:
- I have a few financial goals that I can’t wait to outline for you guys. I had someone reach out to me via my blog about financial goals so I can’t wait to talk about that with you guys. YES! I’m excited to report that my budget is going well!
- Go to EFX class once a week Yep! I enjoy going to this class so much!
- Run 10 miles (ish) per week. I made a goal to run 500 miles in 2017, which is technically 9.6 miles per week. So, for this month, I’d like to get between 9 & 10 miles per week. I’m generally around the 10 mile mark. I’m doing well for the first month of the year.
- No Dunkin/Starbucks for the entire month. If you remember, I posted about my 2017 Money Saving Challenge First Quarter & February’s challenge is NO dunkin or starbucks! I’m hoping I can stick to this.. it’s so hard! But it will save me so much money in the long run!
- Put at least $200 in savings
- Stay present & enjoy every weekend of February with my friends/family.
- Read one book + meditate 10 minutes every evening.
It’s huge for me to stay present & not look towards or fear the future. It causes a lot of unnecessary anxiety & it’s so important to just be there in the moment with whomever you’re with. I feel I spend a lot of time in my head worried about situations that haven’t happened yet & I want to learn how to put my mind at ease. This month I truly want to make this a priority, especially since I’m turning a year older. A lot of anxiety comes with getting older & I want to be thankful that I get to see another year no matter how old I get.
What are your February goals? What are you currently up to? Anyone else have a birthday in February?