Friday Five is back! I did almost forget about it again, though. I’m thinking of changing up my Friday’s to something different.. I’ll have to do some brainstorming. I have a lot of trouble writing these posts for whatever reason. Any suggestions?
1. Pittsburgh’s first Cat Cafe is opening today & I can’t wait to go check it out eventually. I grew up with 3 cats & I’ve always loved them. I’m a little allergic, nothing major, but I’m excited about the opening!
2. Pittsburgh is also bringing a Harry Potter festival to life for 2 weeks starting next week! I am soo excited about this. My friend Tara mentioned it to me & we’re heading out for some fun on one of the evenings. We’ll drink some butterbeer, get our fortunes read & enjoy hanging out at Hogsmeade! I’m currently watching a few of the Harry Potter movies to get myself in the spirit!
3. My mom is coming in today for my birthday! My birthday is next Friday, but since I have a lot going on then, she’s coming this weekend instead. I’m really excited because we are supposed to have some absolutely beautiful weather! I have to run in the morning, but afterwards we’ll do some shopping & head out to dinner.
4. I have completely let my diet go over the past couple of months. Some days I feel fine, other days I feel very unhealthy. I’ve watched the scale go up 4 lbs in the last couple of months & that’s a lot for me. I know I shouldn’t focus on the scale, I should focus on how I feel.. well, I feel crappy too. And the scale shows it. I really, really need to reign it in. I made chicken & hard boiled eggs last night. Honestly, my problem is the endless snacking. I need to start snacking on healthy things, no more sweets. No more cookies, ice cream.. and I’ve been over-doing it on the carbs. I love carbs & they’re super important in your diet, but they really need to be consumed in a smart way. Back to My Fitness Pal.
5. Humor to end the post & day:
Are you a cat or a dog person? What are your weekend plans?