Hayyyy! I chose to title this “Happy Hour Chat” since it seems that any time I want to catch up with someone, we head out to Happy Hour & chat for hours about what we’ve been up to. So, I want to tell ya’ll what I’ve been up to! Sorry I don’t have drinks to offer. But if you’re Pittsburgh local – lets meet up over drinks! Preferably margs.
1. I’ve been locked in & addicted to the podcast “True Crime Garage“. My BF gave me a weird look when I told him I bought $8 worth of old episodes to listen to. There are a lot of free episodes on their Stitcher profile, but their old episodes are $1.99. WORTH IT. Nic + The Captain cover a lot of big true crime cases (Casey Anthony, West Memphis Three, Tupac, Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer, Sandy Hook) & it’s really interesting to hear all of the investigation they do & hear their opinions on the case. They do a lot of other cases that are less well known that are pretty creepy. I’m a true crime junkie – so I love this stuff – and if you do too, check it out! And let me know what you think!
2. I started my first online class at Cal U & because this class is only 5 weeks long, it’s a lot of work. My last 2 quizzes didn’t really yield a great grade, so clearly I need to do something differently. I talked to my Mom (who got her bachelors & masters completely online at Univ of Phoenix), & I told her about how my class was structured, and she seemed concerned that my teacher wasn’t really “teaching”. I told my mom how we only hear from my teacher on Mondays when she assigns us our work for the week. There are no “lectures” or reading supplements. I have an activity, a non-mandatory discussion board, and then I have to take a quiz. The first week – I had to read 6 chapters – and had to take a 20 question quiz on ALL 6 chapters. No reading supplement or study guide or any indication what I should really zone in on & study. I asked my teacher & her response was short – “quiz is on all reading material”. Oki doke.
I totally understand that online school is more so teaching yourself, but if it’s exactly like this – what am I paying the teacher for? Has anyone gotten their degree online & can offer any advice/assistance on this topic? I’m going to e-mail my advisor & see what he/she has to say about the structure of this class.
3. I have Monday & Tuesday off of work this week (I was supposed to be in Tampa right now visiting my brother, but he unexpectedly had to work) so I’m going to use the time off to get a hair cut, do ALL of my laundry, & clean my apt. DEEP clean. I’m going to throw things out that I don’t need & donate clothes that I don’t wear. I’m so over having so many THINGS. Less is more, I’m starting to realize.
4. I do so much mindless scrolling on my phone. After talking to my therapist, I decided to delete the Facebook app. I post on Facebook solely through my Instagram & that’s it. It’s been so nice not to scroll through all of the negativity that is on it these days. Instagram is WAY less dramatic, plus I get to see everyone’s positivity & smiling faces =)
5. Speaking of my therapist, I got a lot of great feedback on my Instagram story last week. If you didn’t get a chance to view it, I essentially talked about how I’ve never been afraid to be open with how I go to therapy & the fact that I have an anxiety disorder. I wanted to speak out – & I got a lot of positive feedback. So, thank you for watching & responding! ❤ my followers! Also, if you don’t follow me on IG, please do so! My handle is: eatrunlove_ciara .
What are you guys up to? Tell me what you’d tell me if we went out for drinks! And speaking of, let’s hang! 😉